Monday, November 28, 2011

something recent. something imperfect. something simple.


::self portraiture, no matter how imperfect, is an honest reflection into the moment, the person, and the message you chose not to pass up::

kiddos,

i had a moment, a few days ago, in which i had it out (snapshot style) with my camera, and only a few minutes between a busy schedule & a busy schedule. this photo (above) is that moment. this is what 28 year old ashley looks like in diffused, early morning, autumn light. it's also a good exercise in learning how faces aren't necessarily very symmetrical (freckles, eyebrows, cheekbones ;)
35 mm f2 & terrible compression/low quality internet what-have-you(s) (blogspot might have just beat facebook in her quality...) but it was a raw moment and an honest moment & i kinda have a thing for those. it's the holidays, call me sentimental.

hope you all had a lovely thanksgiving. photo blog coming very soon of my Autumn behind the lens, & thank you for the psychotically awesome support both in my writing and imagery over the last 2 months.

a couple of notes for those who aren't on facebook or twitter, etc... :

** workshops *and* retreats are tentatively sold out, pending deposits. please drop a note if you'd like to be wait-listed.

** i'll be hopping a train in the next few weeks and traveling west. nothing will feel more beautiful than writing the novel while looking out a window, new imagery in my catch-light's.

** shooting for "Dust Bowl" will resume in Jan. after some much needed t-r-a-v-e-l. :)

** meow.

talk soon,
ash

2 comments:

Annapurna Moffatt said...

I like raw and honest--and I don't consider that sentimental at all. In fact, I think it's the opposite: nothing's sugar-coated. I try to be as honest as possible in my own work (photography, writing--whatever).

Nikki said...

love love love. as usual beautiful work.